Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry in association with Ministry of Commerce, Government of India, and East African Business Council are organizing the first East Africa-India Business Forum. The Forum will take place on 14th and 15th October, 2010 at Intercontinental Hotel in Nairobi, Kenya.
The ‘India- East Africa Business Forum’ will bring together the policy makers and businessmen from India and the 12 countries of East Africa (Burundi; Comoros; Djibouti; Ethiopia; Kenya; Madagascar; Mauritius; Rwanda; Seychelles; Somalia; Tanzania; Uganda) to share their experience and learning for mutual growth and to also table the project specific opportunities in identified sectors for collaboration with their counterparts.
The Honourable Minister of Commerce and Industry, Government of India, Mr Anand Sharma, will lead a delegation of over 100 member business delegation to the forum. The two-day exhibition will showcase leading Indian and African companies and institutions willing to partner with their East African counterparts. The exhibition would provide an opportunity to manufacturers, service providers, institutions, traders (exporters and importers), project developers, project exporters, financial institutions, distributors, dealers, commodity boards, procurement agencies and investment promotion agencies to meet with their target audience from around 12 countries.
The two day programme will include:
· Two day business forum outlining the concrete partnership opportunities between Indian and East African players in identified key sector
· Dedicated business-to-business meetings
· Unit visits to facilities that are forthcoming for Joint Ventures
· A two day exhibition showcasing the leading companies of India willing to partner with East Africa.
· Investment promotion sessions for African investment promotion agencies
· Special break away sessions to participating countries for presenting their projects
· Special sessions with the multilateral funding agencies
· Window of opportunity to local companies for organizing visits of the potential investors / joint venture partners to their facilities.
The forum will focus on the following sectors
· Healthcare & pharmaceuticals
· Infrastructure (Roads, Railways, Construction etc)
· Information and Communication Technology
· Financial Services
For more information Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Godwin Muhwezi Bonge on email: email@example.com